Friday, October 30, 2009

"Coconuts make a stylish doormat"


Before I left res, I thought to myself that it was going to be an interesting night, in an environment surrounded by white people but wasn't completely sure as to whether myself and my friends would fit in and not feel uncomfortable. The minute I arrived, all prejudice ideologies disappeared! Many of the white folks were welcoming and were actually excited to see us but then as the night went by I realised all my acts were classified as being a typical coconut. The African girls who would walk by would question me and tell me that I'm lost and that this is no longer High School where we are forced to interact with the white people. That little statement got to me but as I looked at the crowd I saw no colour but just varsity students having fun and enjoying themselves. From time to time I couldn't relate to the music but regardless of the beat or melody I Danced the night away.Frier's is simply the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment